Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Last Blog Entry of the Move

Roger and I at Joe and Marla's house a couple weeks ago:



Well, here's the last blog entry of the move before the actual MOVE! We are working very hard on this thing. It's fun, but very tiring. Roger got his transfer to the Lowe's out in Missouri, so we are set there, but boy, moving out of state is proving to be a task!

Our friend, Dana, who you should know by now if you've been reading about this move... here's Dana:



took more pictures of our new home out in Missouri for us and emailed them to us. So I thought I would take some time from packing, selling furniture, and all the fun and exciting things we've been doing to post those pictures as well as some others of this transition.

I'm looking forward to doing our garden and Roger is going to build a greenhouse for me (how cool is THAT?!). I already have a spreadsheet of my garden beds on Excel (if you know me, you know I'm a chart freak anyway). My friend Chris deVidal has been helping me with using the Mittleider Method and learning about using Sea Water. He wrote about it HERE and his blog is HERE. The sea water info is on the second page of his article. If you are at all interested in gardening, read that article he wrote, especially if you've already done Square Foot Gardening.

The pictures I posted last time for our new home were from the end of March. These new ones below really show that Spring has definitely sprung.

The original story of how the Lord worked this house out for us is HERE.

Mom, if you're reading this, you need a blogspot.com account so you can post feedback to me! Love you :)

We've had a fun time with friends as we have "good-bye" get togethers at Joe and Marla's house and Eric and Mindy's too. We've played games, prayed together, laughed, taken lots and lots of pictures and of course had FOOD! Below are some pictures of our time together the past couple of weeks.

From left to right: Marla, me, Roger, Eric, Mindy, Mary Alyce, Sarah, Fred, Audrey, and Merrick:




Below is me on the left and Mindy on the right:




Then me and Sarah... this is a purse I made for her:



Food and games; is there anything better than those two things together? (left to right is Roger, Fred, and Mary Alyce):



Eric and Roger caught with their hands in the cookie jar... again:



Fred who I just love going out to the courthouse with! I'm going to miss you Fred! He gave us a going away gift... it was a mousepad with a picture of us on our first time witnessing with most of the gang... thank you Fred :)


My son, Rick on the left, Joe in the middle, and Sarah's son Merrick playing basketball... look at how tall my kid is!



Mary Alyce and Merrick (Sarah's son) playing the "Drawing Game" at Joe and Marla's house:



Roger and I at Joe and Marla's house (by the way, we are told Roger is NOT wearing pink, but a nice salmon colored shirt, your thoughts?):



Another one of the "gang" from left to right is Joe, my son Rick, me, Roger, Eric, Mindy, Mary Alyce, Sarah, and Fred):



A night at the Upton's house:







Roger cleaning out the garage still in Ohio and most of our boxes for the move:



Oh and here's one of our two kitties moving with us (he is more like our DOG! He will fight anything non-human in his territory), Stew:



Had to add in here Roger's favorite plant. We got this as an itsy bitsy plant and look 5 years later! It's called "Crown of Thorns" and is a cactus:



My son and husband are BRILLIANT! Brilliant, I tell you. We bought some of those "As Seen On TV" vacuum bags for our bedding and clothes which are great, but Roger and Rick came up with another way of doing it using trash bags and clamps. It's much cheaper. I'll post another entry some other time with some before and after pics of how to do it without the major cost (read: if you like to be cheap!). But here, check out how the expensive ones do:

BEFORE with a regular sized pillow and after sucking out the air:

And now here are some pictures of the new house seen between the tree... the garden area in the back:




And the cows we'll be seeing off our deck are below. The neighbors have something like 600 acres and so thing won't be silent. I expect to hear a moo or two with the picture of the gate where they can come in and out too:



Will post again when we get there! Have a blessed day. And don't forget to leave me some feedback!

Tamara Slack

A favorite passage lately has been 1 Corinthians 15:3-6. During Easter, I thought, "now either the Resurrction of Jesus is true or it isn't. There is absolute truth. Either Jesus was a liar or He is Lord." ...

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised in the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep."
- Tamara Slack

0 comments: